Control Mage is a Hearthstone deck that has had a significant impact in the meta right back to the most punctual days of the game’s beta time frame. Throughout the years, however, the rundown has lost a ton of its most grounded cards. With the arrival of Saviors of Uldum, notwithstanding, we’ve seen Control Mage flood up the power rankings by and by. Significant control instruments like Tortollan Pilgrim and Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron have been included, just as some survivability with any semblance of Bone Wraith.
Despite the fact that it looks altogether different contrasted with its unique manifestation, the manner in which it’s played is still especially equivalent to it has consistently been. It’s a fiddly deck in the event that you haven’t played anything comparative previously, however it tends to be compensating once you’ve acclimatized to the degrees of persistence required to direct this deck successfully. You need a tad of nerve to ride things into the long game too, where your qualities lie in plenitude.
The ascent of Freeze Mage in the past extension was noteworthy, yet a convergence of more cards that advantage Control Mage has seen this model usurp its cold progenitor. At present flaunting a high level success rate, you’ll be ascending the stepping stool in the blink of an eye on the off chance that you ace this present deck’s sensitive equalization of control and force.
Mage as a class got a pounding from Blizzard, with two of their most grounded cards accepting nerfs: Luna’s Pocket Galaxy and Conjurer’s Calling. All things being equal, you can see accomplishment with this Control Mage deck list on the off chance that you play your cards right, and we’ve refreshed the guide underneath to enable you to out!
Control Mage deck list and strategy
The following is the Control Mage deck rundown seeing the most play right off the bat in the Saviors of Uldum extension cycle. Inquire for updates, we’ll look out for any changes!
|2 x Ray of Frost||2 x Doomsayer|
|1 x Khadgar||1 x SN1P-SN4P|
|2 x Arcane Intellect||2 x Bone Wraith|
|2 x Frost Nova||1 x Zilliax|
|2 x Arcane Keysmith||1 x Khartut Defender|
|2 x Conjurer’s Calling||1 x Alexstrasza|
|2 x Blizzard||1 x King Phaoris|
|1 x Luna’s Pocket Galaxy|
|2 x Power of Creation|
|2 x Tortollan Pilgrim|
|1 x Kalecgos|
|2 x Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron|
As a Control Mage your course of action is tied in with slowing down out your adversary and drawing cards until your success conditions in the long run appear. Stop impacts are here as well, offering a snappy, if brief, way out of a sticky situation. You’ll need to utilize them carefully as once they’re gone there’s very little in the middle of Jaina’s face and a swarm of foe cronies.
You will probably slow down however much as could reasonably be expected until your enormous plays come in, and keep on clearing out any decent footing your adversary gets in the game. On the off chance that they come up short on assets before you, at that point you’ve won. There’s additionally the possibility to sneak a triumph in the event that you end up with a touch of load up nearness – dropping Alexstrasza promptly puts the adversary’s wellbeing at 15, here and there taking into account a quick deadly.
Early game: Stall, slow down, slow down. An early Doomsayer can be amazing against aggro. Notwithstanding putting your Doomsayer on a vacant board can be a gigantic aid, as it stops your rival playing anything at all because of their unavoidable devastation. Over this, you’ll as a rule need to attempt to draw a few cards with Arcane Intellect and play out followers and spells to enable you to endure, for example, SN1P-SN4P for a touch of board nearness or Bone Wraith for an irritating, sticky Taunt.
Mid game:Blizzards and Khartut Defenders are sound mid game plays to back your rival off. Ice Nova + Doomsayer gives you a board clear furnished your rival can’t manage it from hand, and Zilliax is the ideal mid-game divider. On the off chance that you can, play Luna’s Pocket Galaxy as ahead of schedule as conceivable as well. 5 mana is hard to save, so in the event that your back is against the divider, at that point it’s smarter to make plays to remain alive, yet on the off chance that you can play the spell while your deck is brimming with followers, you’ll thank your past self for the plays you’ve made conceivable.
Late game: When you’ve recaptured poise and balanced out, you can begin getting progressively forceful. Alexstrasza can slice your rival’s wellbeing to only 15, conceivably offering an up and coming deadly except if they can manage it. Lord Phaoris is a prompt method to fill your own board with arbitrary stuff, in spite of the fact that you ought to be cautious as with no decreases, a 10 mana play can be a lot of a hazard if your rival still has a full board. Still however, ‘ruler goat-face’ can be a success condition individually, particularly on the off chance that you have several Puzzle Boxes of Yogg-Saron and Blizzards close by.
Talking about Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, it’s a wonderful last gambit now in the game. Does your adversary has deadly harm ready? You may RNG into a Twisting Nether. You may even get that smidgen of additional harm you have to complete the adversary. Essentially however, throwing 10 irregular spells with arbitrary targets is a hazard you’ll have to compute, and this card is regularly not required in case you’re in an overwhelming position.
Here are some significant hints to enable you to best aggro decks:
- You’ll need to be responsive against aggro decks in the early game.
- In the later game, you’ll need to prepare to complete them off. You have Freeze impacts like Frost Nova, which could enable you to push face harm to part of the arrangement stressing over their board.
- Early Doomsayers can win you entire games, blocking rivals from building up their board or at any rate diverting 7 harm away from your face. It’s an incredible late game card as well however.
- In crisis circumstances, you have Frost Nova in the early game, which can give you an opportunity to react with something progressively concrete. Snowstorm can really harm their cronies, and the Taunts in your deck, especially ones with Reborn like Khartut Defender and Bone Wraith, can truly disappoint.
These tips will guarantee you discover a success against other control decks:
- Solidifying adversary followers can be an extraordinary option in contrast to expulsion, however be cautious against different Mages – Conjurer’s Calling can be your demise.
- Alexstrasza puts a Hero’s wellbeing on 15, which against most control decks likens to hacking their life aggregate down the middle.
- You should be under less weight from the get-go in the game, so playing Luna’s Pocket Galaxy and Arcane Intellect as right on time as conceivable can set you up astoundingly for some other time.
- Tortollan Pilgrim gives you an additional cast of a spell from your deck. In specific circumstances this can be utilized to increase an on-board advantage by throwing Conjurer’s Calling, or even Luna’s Pocket Galaxy in the event that you hadn’t drawn it yet. Obviously, you’ll additionally have the alternative for a free Blizzard of Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron if necessary.
Control Mage Mulligan Guide
The opening hand you’ll frequently be after:
- Doomsayer: We’ve said this as of now, yet what a slow down this person is.
- Arcane Intellect: Getting your deck cycling in the early game is massively significant, particularly in case you’re not getting aggro’d down.
- Bone Wraith: at 4 mana, this Taunt flunky with the Reborn capacity is irritating and sticky, immaculate to answer wide aggro sheets that grow early. You’ll have the option to get some time before your more grounded plays later on.
- Luna’s Pocket Galaxy: This card was excessively solid. Nerfed back to its old expense of 7 mana, it turns out it’s as yet playable, and still an exceptional play in the event that you can pull off playing it early.
Put your ads code here
Control Mage Tips, Combos and Synergies
Control Mage has a reasonable piece to consider. This is what ought to be at the forefront of your thoughts:
- – Ray of Frost’s Twinspell enables you to pick two adversary followers to Freeze, yet can likewise bargain 2 harm to an effectively Frozen crony.
- – Doomsayer can be utilized with your stop impacts to set up a pleasant board clear, yet in the event that your rival can execute him from hand or quietness the follower, you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.
- – Try getting Luna’s Pocket Galaxy give a role as fast as could be allowed! 1 mana forms of such a large amount of your deck are incredibly profitable, from Alexstrasza’s dependent upon 15 harm to King Phaoris’ enormous sheets of flunkies.
- – Arcane Keysmith is difficult for your rival to play around, as it’s harder to think about what you played than if you just played a Secret all alone. Utilize this furthering your potential benefit and befuddle your adversary into making a terrible play.
- – Khartut Defender mends you for 3 upon death, yet its Reborn capacity implies you’ll profit by this impact twice.
- – Using Alexstrasza can set up your adversary for a speedy murder as it’ll drop their Health down to only 15. Line that up with some crony harm for some unexpected successes.
Control Mage Card Choices and Substitutions
There are various cards indispensable to the achievement of Control Mage. We’ve recorded them for you beneath:
- Beam of Frost: Twinspell makes this surprisingly significant, as it can keep your foe stale over various followers or turns.
- Doomsayer: Again, this card is basic to warding off your adversary from running with the game at an early stage.
- Arcane Intellect: You need card attract to keep your assets renewed, so here you go.
- Ice Nova: Stops foe followers from pounding you in the face for only 3 mana. Sounds like a deal.
- Luna’s Pocket Galaxy: Can solo win games without anyone else in the event that you hit some enormous followers. Try not to pass up on an opportunity to cast this in the event that you can bear to pass a turn. Lamentably far less incredible with its huge buff turned around, yet this card stays a solid arrangement for your late game.
- Zilliax: This thing is in many decks in the game since it’s a great card. Survivability with Lifesteal and Taunt, prompt contact with Rush, and stickiness with Divine Shield, Zilliax has everything.
- Tempest: Wide sheets of little flunkies can be murdered off, and the ones that can’t be are Frozen strong for a turn.
Source By YouTube: Old Guardian